The Plantations Condo Association
Board Meeting – March 19 2011
The Lewes Public Library
The Plantations Owners Board: Carol Reed - President, Nick Fiorino - Vice President, Sherry Minear - Treasurer, Sal Somma - Secretary, Bill Deist - Director.
Absent – C. Reed, N. Fiorino
The Plantations Condo Council: Carol Reed - President, Sal Somma – Secretary, Sherry Minear - Treasurer, Bob Dickey, Elizabeth Wulkan - Directors.
(Bob Dickey – participated via a conference call.
Absent – E. Wulkan, C.Reed
Called to Order: 10:50 AM by Sal Somma, Secretary
Owners’ Forum (15 minutes):
No members signed up.
President: Sal Somma reported that this would be the final meeting with this format - separate meetings for the Owners’ and Condo Associations. Combined meeting, as they have taken place in the past, will resume in May 2011.
The Minutes of the 1/15/2011 Meeting were reviewed. Sal Somma made a motion to accept them. Sherry Minear seconded the motion. All approved.
Sherry Minear reported:
Balance in Wilmington Trust Checking: 55,766.38
Balance in Wilmington Trust Savings: 128,771.50
Balance in Vanguard (Reserve Fund): 12,143.12
The Budge to Actual report was reviewed. We are over budget in snow removal and landscaping. We need to save approximately $2,000, but we are confident that can be done.
The Delinquent report was reviewed and, where appropriate, owners are being contacted by our attorney.
Bob Dickey made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report. Sal Somma seconded the motion. All voted in favor to accept it.
Architectural Review Committee: Committee Chair, Bill Deist, stated there were no new requests submitted.
Documents Committee: Committee Chair, Paul Carey, stated there is nothing new to report.
Finance Committee: Committee Chair, Terry Prindle, is not present. There is nothing new to report.
Landscaping Committee: Committee Chair, Carol Reed, is not present. Chris Nichols reported that new landscaping is being installed at bldg 9.
Owner’s Forum Committee: Committee Chair, Sue Spencer, has already spoken at the Owners’ Association meeting.
Property Manager’s Report:
Chris Nichols reported:
- A letter, pertaining to a payment schedule, has been received from Mr. Kane. He has offered to pay off the balance owed by December 31, 2011. A good faith effort. A motion to accept this offer was made by Sal Somma. Bob Dickey seconded it. All voted in favor.
- Updated maintenance schedule and tasks that have been prioritized was distributed and reviewed.
- New roofs (14, 22) / stair replacement and staining (13, 9, 18, 22)
- Unit 17D water issues were deemed to be due to amount of mulch, which has been applied. Bed has been lowered by approximately 6 inches so that water does not run into porch. A gutter downspout extension will be added to the unit.
- There was significant wind damage during last three weeks. All repairs completed within 7 days
- Bldgs 2,14,15,22 will be painted, not particularly in that order.
- New butterfly bush and trees will be planted this month.
- Numerous new plantings installed throughout.
- Proposals pertaining to replacement of cement board were reviewed. (Bldgs 14 and 1 were identified as being in most need of work. We have received bids from 3 qualified bidders. Sherry Minear made a motion to award bid to BallPeen Construction. Bob Dickey seconded it. All voted in favor to award contract to BallPeen Construction.
- At the last meeting the Board requested obtaining a bid for the painting of lines along the entryways to each side road from main road. Since bid is $300, property management is not required to seek Board approval. The work is to be completed in April. This is a less expensive alternative to additional rocks to line the roadway. Sal Somma made a motion to place lines alongside roadway at side roads. Bob Dickey seconded it. All voted in favor.
- The proposal to remedy excess moisture in crawl spaces was reviewed. Bldgs 7, 20, 24 were in most need of remediation. A motion to accept Dry Zone proposals pending that the cost per crawl space is reduced from $5,000 to $4,000 and work will not exceed $20,000 was made by Sal Somma. Sherry Minear seconded it. All voted in favor.
Resurfacing of courtyard on Orton Circle – Contract has been signed and provided to contractor. Start date not yet announced.
Building 8 downspout extensions may be necessary.
Building 13 owner noted that there is a small screen on the vent that catches lint in the dryer vent. Owners should be reminded to occasionally clean this screen.
Adjourn: The meeting was adjourned at 11:28 AM.
Sal Somma, Secretary (Recorded by Jonathan Poole, SeaScape)